Todays Top story is...

Rambling from my life and also maybe so rants

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Beauty?

What is beauty? Does anyone know.? I think of beautiful as thin and perfect and flawless skin. But what does the outside world think. Atr work today I was walking down the dock from grabbing my lunch. One of the guys at aother company, he was at least 50, stopped me and said " It is amazing how beautiful you always are" I smiled and said thank you. Then i thought is he on crack? My hair is in a bun all back, My face is all red, rashed and broken out looking. I was just trying not to itch and he says that. But then I think. This is not bragging but truth. I have a " fan club" of a few customers at work. And many a time walking down the dock I have been hit on. And also there are a few others who have said I am beautiful. SO there poses this question. What is beauty. I do not think I am beautiful, I am not thin I am overweight, I may have curves, but i have a tummy. I have no makeup on and my hair is all back. To me I look horrible. I will admit I am not ugly, I may even consider myself pretty at times but when I think beauty I think angelina jolie , Katherine zeta jones. Just natural beautys. So the question is If I loose weight and become thin, Will I still be beautiful to those people. Or is my veiw of beauty hurting who I think I am ?

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Karen said...

AMy it is because of the storm she said she was in Georia taking shelter. I didn't know if you had a cell nyumber for her. Everybody including me is worried about her and her life. From what we've seen her town is gone:(

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Amy you rock. Thanks for trying. We at least know she and her dog and her hubby are phically safe, because the went to georgia. If you pop into RP there is a post about the video of amandas town. Thanks so much for trying

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Ms. Eva said...

Hi Karen!
*waving*

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi eva! And Amy ,Amanda did post she and her family are phically ok. Her house had little damage but there is alot of damage.
I am telling you when you get settled on the east coast count me in for a get together. I can fly or drive. Or fly to MD and drive with eva and kathy? LOL If I can do anything to helpo in the move let me know

 

Post a Comment

<< Home