Todays Top story is...

Rambling from my life and also maybe so rants

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Its getting better

So right now. My skin in looking better not great . But it is healing. I haven't worn my hair down in over a week, I wash then pull into a bun and scrunnci it. But... people are weird. I worked at 3:30 am on thurs till 3 pm and fri till 1:30pm. And people still said I looked nice. I said to some what, he was like you look great. I was like I woke up at 2:30 took a shower threw hair up and havent looked in a mirror since ( this is about 4:30 in the am) and he was like so? Ok enough about my crazys. So last week my cousin calls me. She had asked if I could make it to a cheer contest in NC columbus day weekend. I was going back and forth on it and after the cost of the medication for my hand I was like no.. I told her this on tuesday. She was like if I send you the money will you come. I was Like do not send me anything. I will be there. I was so suprized about this, she works at a military base that is closing. It is a matter of time on her job and she is offering to fly me down there? It was very flattering to think they wanted to see me so much as they were willing to pay. So I knew I could get the time off, so I put in for it on wed and bought my ticket on Friday. It went up $20 in those days. $260 rt leave 10/6 at 12:40 pm arive 4:50 and leave there 10/10 at 3:30 and arive home at 8:00. Not bad. I am flying into SC where my family lives. Staying there thurs and friday around 11 we get going to Nc a 4 hourish drive. Sat is the competion at carawinds. it is a amusement park. And we go back to SC on sunday I leave monday afternoon. It should be fun. So life is getting better. Also I put my laptop on ebay today and within 6 hours it sold :) My screen is broken on it and it was too pricy to fix. But over 2/3's of the screen is working.
Also I am watching the things on new orleans. And I was there in Jan. My cruise went out of there. we passed the dome. And the cruise area is right by burban street so i could see the lights. I have a few pictures. It is hard to believe it is the same area. Actualy one of the cruise ships they are using is the one i was on. I am sitting on my BF bed now looking at this georgous poster MArti gras 2005 we got it at the airport. i hope that the poster isn't a colectors item because it was the " last year" before the " big storm" I hope that in 2007 they are back up and going. I am not thinking 2006 is gonna happen

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I honestly don't think New Orleans will ever be the same again.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Ms. Eva said...

I'm glad you're getting better . . . I wish I had seen the place before it all happened - it's too sad.
I got to go to the WTC when I was 16 & I'm so glad I picked there & not the Statue of Liberty like most of the people I went to NYC with on that trip . . . it's just one of those things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home