Todays Top story is...

Rambling from my life and also maybe so rants

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

New Orleans.

So here is my thought well actually my bf and i were talking. In my lifetime this is the first time they have ever evacuated a city. SO with most everything down there needing to be rebuilt why not level the city and fill it in so it is above ground level then rebuild. SO when a huricane happens again there will be less flooding. BF idea is a savings bond to raise money for the renovation. I think it makes sense. They have to rebuild and can do it without people around why not make it safer in the future. Even a prototype city. Maybe use some new technology. We will see. I am also hoping and praying that as the drain the area they put a no fly zone up. I know that there will be tons of pictures of the sludge and bodies just left from the flood waters if the media can take the pictures. I personally think that would be very disrespectful. But I live in a special world. If the pictures show up these are what I have of new orleans from the ship. Yes the water is a nasty color :(

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Beth said...

My husband thinks they should clean it and reflood it and make it into an American Venice. I think that's brilliant. It's how Venice was created (the flood) and they made the best of it.

Plus, dang, gondolas, that's just cool. Seriously, they could make back a lot of lost tourist money AND just keep it as it is ... 9 feet below sea level.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Karen said...

that sounds cool too venice. Gonallas. A good thought but... it has been above water too long

 

Post a Comment

<< Home